[Sugar-devel] [Design]Control Panel max_column value

usr at dev.seeta.in usr at dev.seeta.in
Wed Aug 25 15:21:56 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I was working on Bug-Ubuntu (LP #617582).[1]
Now while fixing the bug I narrowed down to the controlpanel/gui.py
file . In that file the value of _MAX_COLUMNS  was set to 6. After
discussing with alsroot, we decided that it should not be hardcoded.
Instead its value should be assigned on the fly according to the
screen width. In the end we set the value to
?	gtk.gdk.screen_width() /(3* style.GRID_CELL_SIZE)    or
?	gtk.gdk.screen_width()/ 200
is solving the issue at my end. I have tested this by opening the
emulator in different resolutions.

I request you that if you have a better solution for this problem then
please let me know.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sugar-0.88/+bug/617582

Regards
Neeraj Gupta