[Sugar-devel] screenreader for sugar

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 06:07:47 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any interest in a deployment somewhere for a screenreader
> that allows blind people use the Sugar UI when paired with keyboard
> navigation?
>
> I think most of the pieces are there, but without knowing how it could
> be used I cannot really test.

there's speechdispatcher in fedora that is used by kde and gnome and I
currently maintain it. It was also at some point used by olpc as the
spec file use to have olpc specifics in it. There's been renewed
interest with it upstream and I'm working to get it into better shape
for F-14 and once its cleaned up I'll push updates back to F-13 and
probably F-12.

Peter