[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Remove Presence Service

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Aug 12 07:21:30 EDT 2010

On 08/11/2010 05:26 PM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> have just entered a new feature page for the removal of the Presence
> Service, which is being proposed as a feature for 0.90. In the page
> you have links to previous discussions and to the bigger plans.
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Remove_Presence_Service
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomeu

Thanks Tomeu for providing us with this great Feature!

 From a maintaining point of view and in order to make Sugar even more
stable this is a great enhancement. As well the possibilities for future
enhancements are enormous.

As this Feature is very invasive (touches three modules) and moves as
well a lot of code we have to be very careful when reviewing (mind that
the Feature has gone through testing and landed by next Monday the 16th
of August) and of course when testing. After landing the Feature we need
a lot of testing. We should list all the possible test cases in the
testing section of the Feature page then.

 From me a definite +1 for accepting this Feature, to me all the formal
criteria for inclusion are fulfilled.

Regards,
    Simon