[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Sucrose 0.89.2 Development Release

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Aug 5 10:24:14 EDT 2010

Dear Sugar Community,

This is our second release in the 0.90 development cycle [1].

There have been many great fixes already helping to make Sugar even more
stable. From a user point of view we want to highlight the addition of
the keybindings for accessing the Journal (F5) and the Frame (F6).
Daniel Drake has as well changed the appearance of the mesh device to be
only present when the mesh is active (this is the same behavior than
that of the wired device).

On the activity side many fixes have been going into Pippy version 37,
especially on fixing layout issues on different resolutions. Thanks to
the Pippy team for all your hard work!

The new Browse maintainers have not waited long with a new release.
Shortcuts for back/forward/reload, support for CAcerts and user visible
support for tabs. The Browse team would like to have feedback especially
on the latter. Thanks again to Lucian and Sascha for taking on this
valuable task.

There is also a new bundle from the Calculate team around Gary and
Reinier. The activity does use the new activity toolbar introduced in
0.86 now. From a first glance the interface has improved a lot, please
report back what you think about it.

The full release notes with the tarballs can be found at [2].

We encourage people to start doing testing. The sooner the developers
get feedback about their changes the better. The Fedora team is doing
nightly builds which contains the Soas images [3]. And as the Fedora
packager team is doing a fantastic job at packaging the latest tarballs
the release should be packaged up soon. I will do another announcement
once they are available. By now you can already test the 0.89.1 release
if you grab the latest image from [3].

Thanks everyone for your great contributions!

In behalf of the sugar community,
    Your Release Team

[1] Schedule: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.90/Roadmap
[2] Release notes: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.90/0.89.2_Notes