[Sugar-devel] Home view activities layout

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Aug 3 09:54:54 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:39 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> (3) even with the above resolved, we have arguably too little control
> over the home view, both in terns of what appears -- several requests
> have been made for the ability to have views of multiple collections:
> e.g., school view, home view, etc. and the ability to customize (as
> the Random View currently supports). (Also, there is often a request
> for a background image for the Home View.) All of these are features
> that could be added incrementally, preferably after we settle item #2.
> (My favorite solution for collections is to allow multiple stars, like
> in gmail.)

My radical suggestion (years ago) was that the Home view should be an
activity, like any other activity.  It should be possible to install
new home views just like any other activity bundle.

In that environment, a thousand flowers can bloom.

(Incidentally, I believe that the network view should also be an
activity.  The Journal already is an activity; it should be more
easily replaceable.)
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )