[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] not uninstall when a .xo bundle is deleted from the journal (was Re: Journal and Updating Software Process)

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 12:37:28 EDT 2010

See http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Features/Content_support
<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Features/Content_support>

> would be to remove list view and manage activities from the Journal. All
> installed activities would need to show up in the Journal for management,
> we'd need an obvious way to quickly filter for them, favourite/un-favourite
> them, and add the various safeguards to prevent their unintentional/unwanted
> erasure. There's at least one deployer who seems strongly against this use
> of the Journal each time it is raised (argument is if the user didn't create
> it, it shouldn't be in their Journal).

The reference here is
http://www.mail-archive.com/sugar-devel@lists.sugarlabs.org/msg07888.html,
and the quote is "At least until this point, the journal has been for
recording what the user has *done*, created, or
*accessed*." (emphasis added)