[Sugar-devel] Home view activities layout

Christian Marc Schmidt christianmarc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 10:54:03 EDT 2010

Again, I think that there is likely a better solution to the question of
scalability. An extensible (scrolling or panning) grid or freeform view
showing activity previews would not only convey more information about the
last activity, it would also make the home view feel more personalized. For
scalability we could try something akin to OSX spaces or iOS, adding
additional screens that kids can pan between as the collection of activities
grows.

I don't disagree with the premise--I just think that there is a better
solution than the spiral (it, too, will eventually run out of space).

My suggestion is to explore an extensible grid/freeform view--there are
already existing comps from a year or two ago that we can leverage and bring
up-to-date.

Christian

anything at christianmarcschmidt.com
917/ 575 0013