[Sugar-devel] sprites library (was Re: [Sugar-news] Sugar Digest 2010-07-28)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sun Aug 1 09:27:47 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 07:00, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg showed an eloquent way to make animations in Etoys. I
> am inspired to finally add animation to my sprite library (the one I
> use for all of my activities: Turtle Art, Abacus, Visual Match, etc.)
> "Simply" a matter of adding paths and a timer. Yeah right.

What about using the Hamster graphics library? Its author Toms Baugis
(CC'ed) showed it to me during GUADEC and it seems quite similar to
what you are talking about. He has interest in Sugar as well.

http://projecthamster.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/lightning-talk-on-hamster-graphics-lib-guadec/

Regards,

Tomeu