[Sugar-devel] ASLO QA process

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Apr 29 10:15:17 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 06:35:03AM -0700, Thomas C Gilliard wrote:

> Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> > El Sat, 24-04-2010 a las 07:19 +0000, Aleksey Lim escribió:
> >
> >> In my mind activities on ASLO are not something like packages in regular
> >> GNU/Linux distribution. ASLO is not one centralized product, as already
> >> was mentioned several times it is (or should) palace to share your work
> >> (maybe in trash) with others thus we (will)have bunch of outdated/
> >> forgotten projects. And it is ok for sugar (but not for GNU/Linux
> >> distributions).
> >>

> > I also intended ASLO this way, until I realized that builds are being
> > composed by picking the latest versions of activities from ASLO
> > directly. Same goes for the update control panel.
> >
> > Because of this, users expect the things they find on ASLO to actually
> > work and get pissed off if a new version of an activity breaks horribly.
> >

> Some random thoughts:
>
> 1-)
> Is there no way to detect the requesting hardware and deployment first
> and then
> have ASLO filter the appropriate applications for download?

Sounds pretty undoable, but maybe it is not... Anyway ASLO operates only
in terms of Sugar Platform versions
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/Platform_Components

> 2-)
> An INDEXED rpm depository to install from, or Download from would be
> nice for advanced users.

update-aslo script could be used in such manner
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/services/update-aslo.php?id=usbcreator
where id is bundle_id, this php returns detailed info about recent activity
versions including file to download.

--
Aleksey