[Sugar-devel] ASLO QA process

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Apr 29 08:54:12 EDT 2010

On 29 April 2010 09:46, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> I liked your proposal of creating per-deployment collections to manage a
> set of activities that has been tested and approved. I think this is one
> of the things Uruguay wanted.
>
> If we decided to go this path, what would be missing? Does our update
> API support collections? Can anyone create a collection easily?

More requirements:

1. Support for content bundles
2. Locking to specific versions (maybe already possible with
collections -- not sure) rather than a collection always including the
latest
3. Reproducibility in low-connectivity deployments, or even for cases
such as paraguay where connectivity is good but going to ASLO will
really be sloooow and it's much more desirable to set up some simple
infrastructure to run it within the school. i.e. that simple
infrastructure needs to be developed and good documentation needs to
be written.

(easiest approach for #3: support OLPC activity microformat. clean,
simple format, well documented, designed for low connectivity
situations, simple infrastructure is already developed and has been
replicated around the world.)

Daniel