[Sugar-devel] Experimental work... updated.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Apr 29 00:49:38 EDT 2010

Thanks, Michael, this has been the first viable method for getting Sugar
0.88 working on an XO-1.5 ... I'd been needing that for some time; to
check new bugs we find in 0.84 against 0.88, and to develop changes
against 0.88 after I've done them on 0.84.

The missing package was python-decorator.  It's not in the build
dependencies in the Makefile.  See attached patch.

The next stop was more interesting ... assuming that I would no longer
need any of the existing Sugar packages, I had removed them prior to
"make install", using this command:

rpm -e \
sugar-datastore-0.84.1-1.fc11.i586 \
sugar-toolkit-0.84.9-2.fc11.i586 \
sugar-artwork-0.84.1-3.fc11.i586 \
sugar-presence-service-0.84.0-2.fc11.noarch \
sugar-0.84.15-1.fc11.i586 \
sugar-base-0.84.1-1.fc11.i586 \
sugar-update-control-0.23-1.fc11.noarch \
olpc-library-2.0.3-1.fc11.noarch \
ds-backup-client-0.11.1.g71d2f16-1.olpc3.noarch \
olpc-switch-desktop-0.7-1.fc11.noarch

The result was failure to render the home window; because the
computer-xo icon could not be found.  Log from /tmp/olpc-dm-client.log
placed here:

http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/2010-04-29-olpc-dm-client.log

I'm not sure why this has happened, but my guess is that there is a file
used that isn't installed by "make install", but left over from the
RPMs.  When I reinstalled the removed RPMs, it all began to work again.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/