[Sugar-devel] Experimental work... updated.

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue Apr 27 11:44:39 EDT 2010

This is just a quick note to let interested parties know that I've updated my
experimental repo at

   http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/mstone/sugar
   git://dev.laptop.org/users/mstone/sugar

to sugar*-0.88.

For those who are curious, this repo:

   * combines all six of the sugar, sugar-toolkit, sugar-base, sugar-artwork,
     sugar-datastore, and sugar-presence-service repos into a single repo [1],

       [1]: To see how, google for "git subtree merge". The progit.org and
       kernel.org hits are both helpful.

   * replaces the complete autotools infrastructure of all six repos mentioned
     above with a single top-level Makefile of some 250 lines, and

   * removes most uses of logging from the sugar python source code in favor of
     error-reporting via cgitb's verbose tracebacks [1] and info reporting via
     "print".

       [2]: cgitb is a little-known module in the Python standard library which
            provides verbose tracebacks in either plaintext or HTML.

Regards, and apologies in advance for the remaining rough edges,

Michael