[Sugar-devel] Did someone say Webkit?

Bobby Powers bobbypowers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 20:38:21 EDT 2010

I wrote surf a while ago, and it was quite an easy port.  In fact, the
demo browser for pywebkitgtk was (at least at one point) based on
browse.  I did most of the work in a day and a half, but ran into
problems with both webkit's packaging and the feature-completeness of
pywebkitgtk (the ability to download files, for example), both of
which seem to be solved now.

There are also gir bindings for webkit (in webkit's trunk), so it
might be worth investigating their completeness, especially since
pywebkitgtk seems to be unmaintained, as Sayamindu pointed out.

yours,
Bobby