[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Simple Journal Backup & Restore

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Apr 6 14:33:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 11:39 -0300, Esteban Arias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Plan Ceibal (Uruguay) , we developed solution of jorunal
> backup/restore on sugar 0.82. We added button "Backup" and button
> "Restore" on toolbar of the Journal activitie. If exist pendrive
> connected, the system do backup/restore in the extern dispositive.
> When the user press the button, the system run script to do
> backup/restore.

> The script is based of solution of Daniel Drake.

The UI looks very nice! We were undecided whether to write a control
panel item or add these functions to the journal.

Are patches available anywhere? How much work would it be to adapt them
to Sugar 0.84 and 0.88?

It would be useful to make the git trees of Ceibal developers available
for public review somewhere (either git.sugarlabs.org or a local
gitweb), as you guys probably have accumulated plenty of other useful
things that we might like to have.