[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Sugar 0.88.0 stable release in Fedora 13 and testing of daily images.

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Fri Apr 2 19:59:37 EDT 2010

  Bug filed:#1897

The wrong IRC (sugar-xoirc) appears to be in the KS file for the soas
spin. irc-5.xo should be there instead:

===Testing of soas-i386-20100401.18.iso==-
Tested With EeePc900 (wirelessly)
Created with booted 2 partition 4GB Firefly USB:

2 partition Builder USB  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go
Category_talk:Live_USB#Soas_stick_that_writes_live_USB.27s

in sugar-terminal command: "liveusb-creator"

Target: 2GB Firefly USB

Fedora release 13 (Goddard)
0.87.7

Applications on soas-i386-20100401.18 USB:

NAME        VERSION    (Good/Bad and problems)
Browse        114    +
Etoys        113    +
Chat        66    +
Write        68    -    (Broken; writes in top bar instead of text field
Turtle Art    83    +
Log        23    +
Physics        4    +
Terminal    31    +
*-IRC        6    -    (failed to start)  *  SEE NOTE BELOW  This seems
to be caused because the wrong IRC (sugar-xoirc) is in KS file of soas spin
                irc-5.xo is the correct Application
                PLEASE CORRECT KickStart file for SOAS Spin.
Read        78    -    (failed to start)

*Note

TO FIX :

in sugar terminal :

su -
yum remove sugar-xoirc

(sugar-xoirc 6-2.fc13)

start Browse
go to ASLO
download IRC / Browse: activities Download irc-5.xo

This NEEDS TO BE FIXED because the wrong IRC (sugar-xoirc) is in KS file
of soas spin
irc-5.xo is the correct Application and works well after this correction.

Note: you must remove sugar-xoirc BEFORE doing Download of irc-5.xo. As
sugar-xoirc seems to block the start of irc-5.xo (maybe because the
version number is higher)

Tom Gilliard
satellit