[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [ANNOUNCE] Sucrose 0.88.0 Stable Release

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Apr 1 20:06:18 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 10:21:50AM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 12:34:26AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> I can go hunt down the info at ASLO for each and every chunk of code
>> related to Sugar in some way.
>
>Erk.
>
>What a strange concept.  Is this ASLO database available in any other
>public form than "run Browse from a Sugar instance and search for an
>activity?"
>
>Couldn't the dependency on, or compatibility with, specific versions of
>Sugar be mentioned in the activity source?  Why keep it separate?

   * There's (sometimes) comments in release notes.
   * There's alternative branches in Git
   * There's discussions on mailinglists
   * There's ASLO database

All of those - and also hints in source itself - are different from what
I seek: A political decision from a release team, maintained at some
location easy to watch for changes.

  - Jonas