[Sugar-devel] [Karma] State of Chakra and knavbar

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Wed Sep 30 22:52:43 EDT 2009

Pavel, KCD (Christoph), Felipe,

sorry i haven't been very active this week. Pls blame it on Nepal's
festival season and the fact that I was sick earlier this week.

I will take a look at the code today.

KCD, did you ever convert knavbar to E4X?

Pavel, I have put my comments in line w/ yours
On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 22:33 +0100, Pavel Mocan wrote:
> > * Om has promised some new icons for stage 3 (months and weeks) which should
> > help in making that stage look nicer
> > * we need to find a way to make the "subject curriculum" link blend in a
> > nicer way
> ########################
> i will think of a way to incorporate this better in the page.

That would be awesome. If you have particular ideas for the icons, u can
communicate them to Om as he is the master artist.

> > * making the background of the selected months / weeks white gets the job
> > done but is anything other than pretty
> ########################
> one way we could solve this issue would be to change the opacity to
> 0.5 or 0.6 to all the rest of the elements except the selected one; OR
> add a small icon (arrow pointing down) on top of the selected item.

I like the idea of changing the opacity

> > * the odd alignment issues I mentioned yesterday (with sometimes the layout
> > being oddly messed up after page-loads and then working again fine on
> > reload)
> #########################
> this can happen sometimes because of the browser loadings. it happends
> to large websites sometimes as well ...

We should be able to fix this by monkeying around w/ the js, i think

> > * html/css might not be as nice as it should be after my latest workings
> ##########################
> i will take a look at the html and css and try to 'organise' it :)
> > knavbar:
> > I feel knvarbar is in a half-decent state where it's beginning to be
> > useable. Some of the things that are still missing are:
> > * a nicer looking welcome page, I feel the current one still leaves quite a
> > bit to be desired
> ##########################
> i would also suggest changing the icon that links to the home page
> (the round thingy ...); maybe one that looks clearer will do fine.

the round 'thingy' is literally a chakra, meaning wheel in Nepali. It
needs to stand out more and look like a button. right now it looks like
part of the background so it isn't intuitive to click on it.

> > * the lesson title area still isn't very nice
> > * we haven't really decided what the functionality of the "help" button will
> > be
> ##########################
> we can have a 'pop up' window that blurs the background. the window
> should be displayed in the central section of the page and have a
> scroll bar if the information is too much.
I think the pop-up is the way to go. But more like an overlay like growl
is in Mac OS X, but bigger.

> > * the html/css might also still need some attention after my latest changes
> > Cheers and talk to you all when I'm back in Austria,
> > Christoph

I will take a look at it later today and much of tomorrow.

mpavel will u be online this evening? we could chat then. hopefully I
will have had a chance to look at the code.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director