[Sugar-devel] Adventures with GPA Macbooks

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 04:22:32 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> Thanks Martin,
> Does that give us any hint about whats happening? How is that PRAM/PROM
> normally set?  Maybe we need to go change the default somewhere?

Well, I don't know what procedure you are following. The standard
practice on a Mac is to press a key early in the boot to get a "boot
menu" that lets you choose the device. IIRC the key is 'O' (for
Option?).

The PRAM remembers that option, so next time it boots it tries the
same disk. If you remove the disk (CDROM, external HD) it might get
confused.

So after booting from a CD-ROM, you want to either boot again with the
O pressed and choose the internal disk for booting, or reset the PRAM.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions