[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Activity version compatibility

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 00:35:51 EDT 2009

BTW, we should still answer the question of the activity.info field...
 Seems like there 3 options to me:
1) Deprecate host_version in the activity.info spec.  Activity developers
write code to test for presence non-BC APIs and provide fallbacks (or else
let activities fail to launch/work).

2) Keep host_version as an incrementing number, make activityfactory respect
it, and bump the Sugar number from 1 to 2 in 0.86.1 to reflect the toolbar
changes.

3) Deprecate host_version, introduce sugar_version which is set to the
oldest Sugar version number the activity is compatible with.

I'm fine with any of these, let me know and I'll provide the patch.

-Wade