[Sugar-devel] [Karma] State of Chakra and knavbar

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 07:04:23 EDT 2009

Since today is my last day here in the OLE Nepal offices I spent time
finishing up some work on Chakra and knavbar. So here are my thoughts on the
current stage of things.
Chakra:

I'm generally quite happy how far we've come in the past few weeks (special
thank again to Pavel for his contributions!). Areas that still need
attention are:

* the "admin" area on stage 1 needs nice icons and generally some layout
love
* Om has promised some new icons for stage 3 (months and weeks) which should
help in making that stage look nicer
* we need to find a way to make the "subject curriculum" link blend in a
nicer way
* making the background of the selected months / weeks white gets the job
done but is anything other than pretty
* the odd alignment issues I mentioned yesterday (with sometimes the layout
being oddly messed up after page-loads and then working again fine on
reload)
* html/css might not be as nice as it should be after my latest workings

knavbar:

I feel knvarbar is in a half-decent state where it's beginning to be
useable. Some of the things that are still missing are:

* a nicer looking welcome page, I feel the current one still leaves quite a
bit to be desired
* the lesson title area still isn't very nice
* we haven't really decided what the functionality of the "help" button will
be
* the html/css might also still need some attention after my latest changes

Cheers and talk to you all when I'm back in Austria,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer
co-editor, olpcnews