[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOBS] Long-term support for Sugar

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 08:43:02 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>> Why would we care to have concurrent versions of the same activity for
>> different user accounts?  Our computing model is inherently single-user.
>
> LTSP.  NFS with shared clients.  Our computing model is not just OLPC.

Surely for a LTSP style of install with thin clients you'd want
something like RPM so you can centrally manage all servers and make
sure they're running the "supported" version of the Activity. My
experiences in that sort of env its much more locked down and
centrally managed as that's one of the major advantages of such an
environment.

Peter