[Sugar-devel] Namespace for 0.84 updates to Browse and Chat?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Sep 22 05:10:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

As I understand it, Sugarlabs wants to keep things simple for users by
only using the equivalent of "major numbers" when versioning Activities.

I am wondering, however, what version numbers can be expected for
potential future bugfix releases of Browse and Chat targeted 0.84, as it
seems to me that there have been left no natural numbers between latest
0.84-compatible releases and first 0.85-requiring releases.

I ask because I would prefer to setup package tracking in Debian, and
these two packages seems impossible to have a newer release by your
chosen numbering scheme.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas