[Sugar-devel] Colors in the rim (Re: sugaronastick.com (was Re: Beta Test of Sugar on a Stick Backup Service.))

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Fri Sep 18 10:20:13 EDT 2009

There just aren't enough possibilities for uniqueness with only one
color. The pair as an identifier of the individual needs to stay, I
think.

We could, perhaps, expose that kind of information in the secondary
palette for XOs since it seems it would serve a purpose for some. I
don't think it's a detail kids are going to need much, especially in
local groups or schools where the distribution will be the same, so I
wouldn't expose it more than necessary.

Out of curiosity, to what extent is this a problem? Most activities
should function fine across distributions, I would think.

Eben