[Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 11, Issue 94

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Sep 18 04:06:18 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 19:45, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> 2009/9/17 David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org>:
>> One step in that direction might be to clearly communicate and try to
>> gather momentum around a series of stable releases.
>>
>> One thought that might work is to set .84, .88, .94, and 1.0 as stable
>> releases for down streams to unite around.
>
> That would be useful but actually the critical area lacking resources
> right now is people working on OS building and deployment
> technologies. If I can tame your interest in getting new Sugar on XO
> in a deployment-quality release, finding resources to work on these
> resources would be the biggest help you could provide.

I personally think that making possible for XO-1 owners to upgrade to
recent Sugar releases is very important for Sugar Labs, and if we are
the only organization that can take this challenge, then we should do
it.

But if we decided to go for it, I see two fundamental pieces missing:

- someone to coordinate the effort,

- a team of people willing to test new images, file bug reports, help
with triaging, etc.

How can we get that? Maybe the OLPC Support Gang would like to get
involved in this? People from existing deployments?

Regards,

Tomeu

Farning