[Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 11, Issue 94

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:02:17 EDT 2009

Jonas,

As an Activity developer I want to have my stuff run well for as many
children as possible.  As an XO owner I want my XO set up as much as
possible like the XOs out in the field, so I can be sure that children
with XOs have the best experience possible.  .82 has some serious
deficiencies: no saving of custom metadata across reboots (so the Read
Activity is unable to remember what page you left off on), no support
for epub texts and poor support for DJVU texts, etc.  So I definitely
want to upgrade, but not to get to a place where my Activity users
cannot easily follow.

I did try SoaS on my XO awhile back.  Sound didn't work at that time.
I didn't bother to report it as a bug because I figured that the XO is
a known quantity and anyone testing SoaS on the XO will have exactly
the same problems I have, for the same reasons.

So the real answer to your question is, how will the other kids
upgrade and when will they be able to do it?

James Simmons