[Sugar-devel] SLOBs Position on SoaS

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Sep 16 11:08:42 EDT 2009

2009/9/16 Jim Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com>:
> Sebastian,
>
> I have a similar question.  What I want to know is, when I am finally
> able to upgrade my XO from .82 to something better, will I use SoaS to
> do it?  Or will I be able to do upgrades over the network as I have
> done in the past?

You will probably have both options.

There are efforts to make SoaS run well on the XO through an
additional released image.
There are also efforts to backport the XO-1.5 distribution work to the
XO-1. We previously decided that we would again enable the olpc-update
technology for the XO-1.5, but that work has not been completed yet.
Presumably when that happens, the XO-1 builds will follow suit.

Daniel