[Sugar-devel] The Future of Sugar on a Stick

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Mon Sep 14 15:28:35 EDT 2009

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 07:47:21PM +0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Sebastian Dziallas
>> <sebastian at when.com> wrote:
>>> Short Term Action Items:
>>> * We create a SoaS mailing list.
>>> * We establish the SoaS development team.
>>
>> if you split off sugar-dev, to reach the involved people you either
>> have to crosspost all the time, or get everyone sub'd to both.

I'm with Jonas on this one.

> That depends on your definition of "everyone".
>
> Possibly everyone directly involved in developing Sugar is also actively
> involved in developing SoaS.
>
> But not everyone interested in closely _following_ the development of
> Sugar (and thus in subscribing to the mailinglist) is also interested in
> closely following the development of SoaS.

Agreed. I think such a list should be for the *development* of SoaS.
That's something that concerns Sugar, too, but not my all means.

If we discuss technical changes to SoaS with regard to deployments or
whatsoever, sugar-devel might not be the best place. Some may suggest to
take that then to IAEP, but if it's about the technical side of things,
I think it should go to a different list.

> It might be that I am the only one not part of your "everyone". But I
> doubt it. I imagine more people that love the concept of SoaS but have
> their hands full already with e.g. other distributions - making Sugar
> interesting to follow closely but SoaS too much sidetracking.

Right. And I don't think that sugar-devel needs to get noisier than it
is now - I'm strongly suggesting to create a soas mailing list.

> Kind regards, and all the best with the development of SoaS,
>
> - Jonas

Thanks! :)
--Sebastian