[Sugar-devel] InfoSlicer: "Error downloading... check your connection"

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Sun Sep 13 07:02:57 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I would like to add new wikis (in French and designed for kids, such as
- http://fr.wikiversity.org/wiki/Accueil
- http://fr.vikidia.org/index.php/Accueil
- http://www.omegawiki.org/Meta:Main_Page
- http://www.omegawiki.org/OLPC_Children%27s_Dictionary
- http://schools-wikipedia.org/
- http://fr.wikimini.org/wiki/Accueil
- http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikijunior
- http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Accueil
- http://www.europeana.eu/portal/

I got following error in InfoSlicer:
"Error dowloading ... check your connection"

This message displays on the 3 sample wilipedias provided in the activity in the
'library.py' file:

WIKI = { _("English Wikipedia")         : "en.wikipedia.org",
         _("Simple English Wikipedia")  : "simple.wikipedia.org",
         _("German Wikipedia")          : "de.wikipedia.org" }

I tried on an xo1 and on a SOAS, where the connection is OK.

I tried to modify the paths in the "library.py" script, however, the error
message still appaers.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any hint!

Regards