[Sugar-devel] [Karma] changed jquery.karma.js to use 'name' property instead of ID

Felipe López Toledo zer.subzero at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 14:19:22 EDT 2009

I think things like this will continue happening. I suppose that other
libraries have had similar problems and I have not seen a "jQuery-id" or
"dojo-id", although that I have not seen them so far does not mean that they
don't exist.
In this case I would like to continue using "id", of course making it very
clear that the name we choose is for *internal use* of Karma.

btw. When I read "kid" I think in a little guy, not in a karma-id.

2009/9/12 Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org>

> that said, i am tempted to use 'kid' as in 'karma id' to avoid just this
> confusion
>
> On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 08:43 +0100, Lucian Branescu wrote:
> > Be careful, name is the historical precursor of id and it's valid in
> > XHTML Transitional for the same purpose.
> >
> > 2009/9/12 Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org>:
> > > Felipe,
> > > I changed id property for images, sounds, and surfaces to name instead.
> > > Did this to avoid confusion with an html element's ID attribute.
> > >
> > > I have changed adding_up to reflect this change
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bryan W. Berry
> > > Technology Director
> > > OLE Nepal, http://www.olenepal.org