[Sugar-devel] Calculate toolbars work in progress shots

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Sep 11 15:17:49 EDT 2009

Hi Eben,

On 11 Sep 2009, at 20:11, Eben Eliason wrote:

> Looks great! The icons are quite nice.
>
> My only suggestion is that (still retaining the modularity!) the misc
> toolbar actually just be added as another secondary toolbar. That
> leaves the basic toolbar mostly empty, but that's ok! This is an
> instance, I think, where all of the basic functionality of the
> calculator lives outside of the toolbar, and each toolbar adds
> advanced functionality on top of that. Moreover, "misc" controls seem
> to be the worst suited for a primary toolbar, which should instead
> contain controls that are nearly always useful, or useful in all
> contexts.

Thanks, that's pretty much where I was at but wanted another
opinion :-) The one exception (for the future) will I hope be the Plot
function. I'd love to see that UI improved via a Secondary toolbar, at
the least with a set of standard example graphs for folks to plug in
values (now that matplot lib is supported).

Any suggestions for a "Misc" icon? ;-)

Regards,
--Gary