[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Road to Sucrose 0.86 - status report

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Sep 11 13:41:47 EDT 2009

Hi,

I wrote an email yesterday about the items that need to be handled to
get a good and stable release. So far we have:

a) The tarballs of the 0.85.6 release are out and can be found at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/0.85.6_Notes

b) Make good release notes (I am working on it)

c) Make rpms
- Fedora 12 rpms are done for core and we are finishing rpms of the
activities at the moment)
Aleksey reports:
- Jhconvert packages have been pushed to karmic(but building still in
progress)
- Mandriva packages are dependent on a global rebuilding 8h queue
- Suse's build service has 3days downtime
- Building gentoo at the moment

Next important item is a new Soas build. Once all the Fedora rpms are
built we are good to go here as well.

I heard not back from anyone willing to lead the triaging efforts. Would
be really nice to have someone taking that item! Are there any testing
teams already?

Regards,
    Simon