[Sugar-devel] [Design] ColorButton

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Sep 10 07:01:15 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:54:48PM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently the ColorButton is not fully clear in it's behavior (see
> http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/388). Click outside the palette to close
> it etc. Benjamin suggested to have an ok/cancel button to make the end
> of the selection clear http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/388#comment:7
>
> Do others agree? Other thoughts?

Another option is that picker should contain only predefined
colors(and maybe one custom) by default and having
click-to-close behaviour. Then if users want to make(change) custom
color, they click "add.."(or so) button and palette opens right panel
and click on predefined color will just change custom color.

btw having select-to-close behavior(at least by default) we will keep
things consistent, e.g. to select suboptions from palette menus, user
needs only one click.

--
Aleksey