[Sugar-devel] Hello, was Re: Hack to get a USB/SD to autologin to only "Sugar-desktop on a stick". from a F12-alpha live CD

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Sep 10 06:51:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 04:24:55AM -0600, Douglas McClendon wrote:
> And there may also be better long term ways around it than what I
> would do.

The F11-on-XO guys over at fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com are having a
serious go at changing the partition layout for XO-1.5 deployment
images.  We are creating F11/F12 filesytems/layouts for removable
(USB/SD/etc.) and fixed media (XO-1 internal NAND, XO-1.5 internal SD
card).  We'd like to support copying the removeable
filesystems/layouts to a) another removable device ("cloning a
stick"); and b) another less-than-removable device (intenal NAND/SD
card, hard drive).

It'd be really great to get your expertise now to make the layout as
robust as possible, and soon when the F11-on-XO guys write up the
details of their new layout.

> -dmc

Martin