[Sugar-devel] Hack to get a USB/SD to autologin to only "Sugar-desktop on a stick". from a F12-alpha live CD

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Sep 8 19:43:49 EDT 2009

If I had been on a USB (liveuser) with a livefs plus persistence like
the strawberry .iso and live-usbcreator (or sh script) creates,

I would never have been able to do all of these yum installs,removes and
upgrades.

The resulting 4GB USB seems to be a HD install with a real file structure.

Something in the F12 Anaconda installer seems to be converting the live
fs to a real file system on the USB.

The ability to use a Custom Sugar live CD( If we can make one) for
testing on a PC and then installing to USB (or HD) appears to be a new
and different creature.

Or it seems to be...

Cordially;

Tom Gilliard

Note:

I have posted a compressed .img file of the KDE/Sugar USB on:

http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/SDF12kdeSUGAR4GB.img.tar.gz

This can be inflated and burned with dd command to a 4GB USB for testing

See the accompanying  .txt file for information