[Sugar-devel] [RFA] Feature freeze break: Read

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Sep 7 18:13:17 EDT 2009

On 09/07/2009 08:37 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> Hello,
> Attached is the patch for making Read support the new toolbar system
> (patch courtesy of Simon). While it is a bit long, most of the changes
> is moving around stuff.
>
> Known issue:
> a) The TOC combobox, the bookmark toggle and the Stop buttons
> occasionally "overflow", as detailed in the post:
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-September/019021.html
> There is no know workarounds yet.
>
> There seems to be no other regressions as per my brief testing.
>
> Thanks,
> Sayamindu

I have attached a new patch. It does move the TOC-combobox into a
secondary toolbar to overcome the space issue. One issue with this is,
that one uses the combobox and dismisses it, the secondary toolbar does
not get dismissed automatically as well (toc-list-open, toc-list).
Aleksey any idea if this triggers something is in the toolbarbox code
itself?

I have played with using the view-list icon for that option or the
bullet-list one from the Write activity (bullet-icon). Feedback welcome.

 From testing, there is no regression.

-----
General Feedback:

Finally, would be nice to add a little text to the combobox, when there
is not TOC information, at the moment we have an unusable button
(no-toc). Or make it insensitive, or...

Regards,
    Simon