[Sugar-devel] [Karma] reason for KLayer

Felipe López Toledo zer.subzero at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 12:39:57 EDT 2009

> It seems that it would be nice to add these layers in k.init
> just like we add sounds and images. I think the way that u add sounds
> and images is very intuitive. It would be nice to use the same mechanism
> for the layers as well.
>
> then it would look like
> k.init ( ......
> layers : [
>        { id: "inline1", canvas:"inlineCanvas1"},
>        {id:"inline2", canvas:"inlineCanvas2"},
>        {id:"card1", width:250, height:250}
>        ]
>
> sounds :
>
> images :
>
> )

I like your idea, it's a initializing method

then it would be nice to iterate thru the layers w/ similar syntax to
> iterating thru the images or sounds
>
> $.each(library.layers, function ....);
>
> I realize I can now iterate thru the layers w/
>
> $.each(layers, function ...);
>
> but perhaps it would be easier to remember as library.layers because
> that is how we also access the sounds and images.
>
> What u think?

mm, I'm not so sure

I think the library should contain only objects that can be instantiated,
ie. the library should store the "original" object, then, you could
instantiate several copies of it, I don't see how to instantiate several
klayers

--
Felipe López Toledo