[Sugar-devel] [Karma] Re: knavbar headaches

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Mon Sep 7 04:21:28 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 13:44 +0545, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> Running into a number of issues here when trying to integrate the lesson
> navigation with "Adding up to 10".
>
> First of all I don't think I can / should be using tabs as I had planned
> up to now. Using tabs means loading the whole content - so often enough
> the whole exercise and tutorial - at once, which isn't necessarily the
> most efficient way. Also using tabs means that the Karma lessons start
> right away once the page is being loaded, even though the respective
> tutorials / lessons might not even be visible (took me awhile to figure
> out why I heard the "Adding up to 10" sounds while I was testing the
> welcome page;-)

I agree, we should try to add all the content at once. We should only
load each part - tutorial, exercise, kstart - when requested. We may
need to save state once we are in the exercise, but we don't need to
save state when moving from the exercise to the tutorial.

> Secondly, after I moved to seperate index (basically the welcome page),
> exercise and tutorial pages the Karma lesson now won't load and even
> crashes my Firefox when I try to open it. No idea what could be causing
> this issue.
There is a distance2 function that makes sure the objects in "adding_up"
don't overlap too much. That function can easily cause an infinite loop.
That is probably the most likely culprit

> So currently I'm at a bit of a loss trying to figure out what the best
> way to proceed here is.

I think kstart, tutorial(ktutorial?), and exercise should be separate
html pages.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director