[Sugar-devel] Problem rejoining a shared Write

J.M. Maurer uwog at uwog.net
Sun Sep 6 10:40:14 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 10:09 -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:
> J.M. Maurer wrote:
> > While testing with salut, I now seem to be running into sugar bugs:
> >
> > 1. Start an activity
> > 2. Join the activity
> > 3. Close the activity on the initiator side
> > 4. Click on the activity from the donut on the initiator side to rejoin
> > it
>
> Could you clarify step 4?  Why didn't you go to the Neighborhood View to
> rejoin?

Because then you hit another bug: as soon as you go to the Neighborhood
after having closed a shared activity, the view is empty (at least
here).

So, given that clicking on a colored Write in the donut makes it connect
to the tube again, I'd expect that the activity is actually aware of
this.

> Did you create a fresh instance or did you resume a saved instance?
>
> > => This 'creates' a new activity instead of joining it, as
> > self._shared_activity is not set to true.
>
> Is it set to False?  self._shared_activity can take on many non-False values.

It is set to None.

> > It DOES however reconnect to
> > the tube that was still there. This results in my case in having 2
> > Writes on the same tube who both think they are in control.
>
> It seems likely to me that this is a problem with Write being unable to
> handle an instance that is both resuming from the datastore and joining an
> existing shared session.  I know this is possible to handle, because
> SharedTextDemo does it.

Possibly...

  Marc