[Sugar-devel] Fwd: [Question #81563]: Why doesn't Record work with Strawberry VM?

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Thu Sep 3 12:58:41 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Bill Bogstad<bogstad at pobox.com> wrote:
>[problems with Macbook? cameras and SoaS under VirtualBox]
>
> However, I found the following thread on their support forum:
>
> http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18695
>
> which seems to indicate that the VB developers are thinking about
> doing something about fixing their USB code to support USB based
> cameras, but there was nothing there as of June of this year.

Here's a direct link to a bug report about VirtualBox not supporting
USB web cams:

http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/242

The good news is that the latest releases 3.0+ of VB might work
better.  Given that this is a known
problem with VirtualBox, there is no point in doing anything within
SoaS without testing the absolute
latest VB release.

Natively booted MacBooks under SoaS is a different story.

Bill Bogstad