[Sugar-devel] progress and issues w/ adding_up

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Thu Sep 3 08:11:18 EDT 2009

I have adding_up kind of working w/ the new html layout, but it doesn't
actually add up to the correct sum :(

Problem #1

I kept getting an infinite loop in this section in the distance2() call

I have to admit I don't exactly understand what distance2 is doing
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/karma/repos/mainline/blobs/multicanvas/examples/adding_up_to_10/js/lesson.js#line142

for ( var j=0; j<pos.length; j++) {
	if ( k.geometry.distance2( pos[j], {"x": x, "y": y} ) < 80 ) {     flag
= true;
	break; }  }
}while ( flag === true );
pos.push( { "x":x, "y": y } );
k.library.images[ imgId ].draw(ctx, x, y )}

Also, i don't understand how u can call distance2 w/ pos[j] when pos is
still an empty array. Maybe it is because js just does a lot of weird
stuff.

Problem #2

None of the answer boxes holds the correct sum :(

I am not sure where the logic error is but I am hunting for it!

as we discussed yesterday, i have put all this work on the "multicanvas"
tree.
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/karma/repos/mainline/trees/multicanvas

--
Bryan W. Berry