[Sugar-devel] [Karma] updating jsdoc for Karma

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Wed Oct 28 22:10:39 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 20:36 -0600, Felipe López Toledo wrote:
> 2009/10/19 Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org>
>         On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 16:45 -0500, Felipe López Toledo wrote:
>         > I have been figuring how to produce the full jsdoc
>         documentation, but
>         > I haven't had any luck,
>         > I have tried with @memberOf, @lends, @nameOf, and so on...
>

>         argh, is there any problem u r having? then I could try as
>         well. U could
>         push your latest code back to g.sl.o and I could try from
>         there
>
> my "experiments" break the code.

darn

> the objective: to get the jsdoc from the undocumented code (in
> karma.js)
> I think you find another jsdoc tool, right?

no, using the same tool. I was trying to use the version of jsdoc
packaged for narwhal but it seems to be broken

>         tks for clearing up the relation b/w KObject and Karma
>
>         do you think it would be a lot of work to refactor
>         jquery.karma.js to
>         only use prototypal inheritance? I might try doing that at the
>         beginning
>         of next month.
> I think It will be not so hard, since I didn't use multiple
> inheritance.

there may be some performance advantages to using pseudo-classical
inheritance, at least according to this talk on js performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtdZgou0qU&feature=PlayList&p=689D6EE903ED5CB6&index=5

>         At this time, here is the list of changes I am planning to
>         make on
>         jquery.karma.js
>
>         1) change from classical to prototypal inheritance
>         2) change k.library.images and k.library.sounds to just
>         k.images and
>         k.sounds
> +1
>         3) Add KSVG as another type
> KSVG? what will be its function?, I think RaphaelJS gives you (almost)
> everything you need.
> maybe a top-level function?, please explain me.

Raphael lets u create an svg object from scratch but unfortunately can't
manipulate svg documents that are pre-created, like my svg map of
uruguay for instance.

just like images and audio, I can't manipulate an SVG document until it
is fully loaded. For that reason it would be nice and convenient to
pre-load svgs w/ KSvg and create some helper methods like there are for
KSound and KImage

--
Bryan W. Berry
Senior Engineer