[Sugar-devel] Keyboard

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:00:01 EDT 2009

The problem is that .xkb and sysconfig are accessed at start up, not
when the new keyboard is detected.

If you type:

setxkbmap latam

from the terminal, it will reset the keyboard without having to
restart Sugar. However, I do not know how to trigger this
automatically.

regards.

-walter

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Bruno Fabiano <brunomanya01 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi im having problems in changing the keyboard language.
> The idea is that when I plug in a keyboard to the Xo, the language is not in
> spanish (doesnt recognize the "ñ", etc).
> I've found 2 solutions to this problem: Changing the variable "KEYTABLE",
> found at /etc/sysconfig/keyboard, from "es" to "la"
> Or creating an archive /home/olpc/.xkb with the same modification.
> With both solutions the problems is solved, but only if the keyboard is
> conected when I restart sugar, if I plug in the keyboard after sugar is
> restarted the new configuration doesnt work any more..
> Regards.
> Bruno.

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs