[Sugar-devel] New SoaS Snapshot Ready!

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sat Oct 24 09:18:37 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm happy to announce the availability of a new SoaS snapshot! We're
only one month away from our release, so testing is very much
appreciated to find the latest blockers now.

Get your copy from here: http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/

This release incorporates the latest Sugar (0.86.3) packages and updates
the zyx-liveinstaller to a newer version (0.1.14).

Additionally, we were able to resume appliance creation! The .zip file
in the download directory is exactly what you'll want for that.

We could use help with the following known issues, too:

* Record doesn't work and seems to have issues with its blobs (#423859)
* CartoonBuilder doesn't start at all
* InfoSlicer (its parser) needs to be fixed for Wikipedia
* No sound is apparently working in TamTam

In case we are unable to fix these issues in time, those activities
won't be shipped in the final release. Please report any other bugs you
encounter at our bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/soas

Thanks,
--Sebastian