[Sugar-devel] friendview.py

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sat Oct 17 04:41:53 EDT 2009

Hi all,
Have just cloned http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/mainline and
have encountered a fixme in /sugar/src/jarabe/desktop/friendview.py:

    def _buddy_activity_changed_cb(self, buddy, ps_activity=None):
        if not ps_activity:
            self._remove_activity_icon()
            return

        # FIXME: use some sort of "unknown activity" icon rather
        # than hiding the icon?
        name = self._get_new_icon_name(ps_activity)
        if name:
            self._activity_icon.props.file_name = name
            self._activity_icon.props.xo_color = buddy.get_color()
            if not self._activity_icon_visible:
                self.append(self._activity_icon, hippo.PACK_EXPAND)
                self._activity_icon_visible = True
        else:
            self._remove_activity_icon()

I am assuming something generic like a question mark would be fine. Where
should that file live? Is it okay in the core sugar directory?

Naturally, people will probably want to click on that question mark. Would
we be able to have a dialogue like "Search for activity %s?" % name, which
if accepted opens up Browse and searches http://activities.sugarlabs.org to
download it? This would be easiest if you can p2p file share activities...
I've played around a bit, but it doesn't look especially obvious.

Thoughts appreciated :)

timClicks