[Sugar-devel] Zero-calorie bundles?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 04:32:13 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> Zero Install appears to have identified reasonable compromises for many
> of these trade-offs. While I'm not yet claiming that z-i would be a

(Keeping it in the Sugar side... )

I think it's a very good idea to look into a userdir-centric packaging
system such as z-i. There are of course a few other alternatives, and
very well considered critiques of these systems (from OS-centric
packagers usually ;-) ) so we don't have to hope we've diagnosed all
the potentiall pitfalls -- others have.

So a couple of questions -- out of curiosity, no intention to start a
flamefest.

 - Is anything making z-i specially interesting?

 - What pitfalls will our individual end users and deployment teams
face with it?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions