[Sugar-devel] Namespace for 0.84 updates to Browse and Chat?

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 13:48:10 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> Remains to see what existing versions of Sugar would do with a bundle
> with a dot in the version number.

It's parsed as int(version) [1] - so it's not going to work well!

Is there some reason that we are forced to patch Browse and Chat such?  Are
newer versions of the activities not backwards compatible with older
versions of Sugar?

I think it's best if we can avoid user confusion as much as possible;
especially given parallel sources of activities: apt-get, the activity
updater, ASLO, etc.

Best,
Wade

[1]