[Sugar-devel] [Karma] Re: Conozco Uruguay in karma

Gabriel Eirea geirea at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 09:26:16 EDT 2009

2009/10/10 Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org>:
> On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 10:11 -0200, Gabriel Eirea wrote:
>
>> I agree with Bryan that it would be great to have svg from the start.
>
> I am not so familiar with creating svg's. I have only used inkscape for
> very basic drawings.
>
> Gabriel, do you think we could use Inkscape to accomplish this?

Yes, I think Inkscape is the right tool. I believe you can also take
the bitmap and ask it to extract a vectorized version of the image.

The problem I foresee is that you still need a way to describe the
coordinates of cities and other points of interest and relate them to
the svg coordinates, so that when you zoom in and out the objects are
all in their corresponding places.

Regards,

Gabriel