[Sugar-devel] ASLO layout issue in safari

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Fri Oct 9 15:28:10 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Josh Williams <josh at tucson-labs.com> wrote:
> Sean DALY wrote:
>> Our websites really shouldn't make any assumptions about what browser
>> our visitors are using...

Agreed.

> Point taken. Would you or anyone else be opposed to using something like
> http://code.google.com/p/universal-ie6-css/ for ie6? This will provide
> access to all of the application's content (but save a considerable
> amount of development time for me).
>
> Sean, you have analytics set up on ASLO now right? If so can you share
> our visitors browser statistics?

Yeah, that would be worth looking into. While I don't think we should
make assumptions about which browsers visitors will use, I also don't
think we necessarily need to jump through hoops to support backwards
compatibility in older and entirely non-compliant (in terms of web
standards) browsers. (Specifically, I'd suggest not worrying about
IE6, if we can avoid it.)

That said, I'd fully expect all our pages to work in any modern
standards compliant browser, such as FF, Safari, and Chrome, and we
should probably make sure that IE 7,8 also work smoothly. The
statistics will be enlightening, I'm sure.

Eben