[Sugar-devel] Not connecting to a WAP+Wireless cracking

Abhishek Indoria hackerboymayabhi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 14:32:34 EDT 2009

Hey all,
Sorry to bother you:) But I have a problem here, actually, two problems.

First one, I ain't been able to connect to the Access Points using my
XO's, be is 100%signals or 50%. I click the WAP circle, it blinks for
a minute and...nothing happens. Can anyone please tell me why?

Second one, I recently set up an Access Point in my school, and My IT
teacher wants me to test the protection, they know I am quite good in
it;-) However, It asks for a password, as it is a protected network.
Now, I have used Aircrack-ng package. First thing, I don't get enough
IVs for it. I have been trying 2 hours(nearly daily) for last 10 days,
and I have only got 8000 IVs. Anyway, its a WEP protection. Any
suggestions up here? how can I increase the packet/IV gather rate? How
can I crack it? It would be better if I won't be able to crack it,
because teachers want me to prove it. And, I want to make holes in
it;-)

Thanks:)

-Abhishek

P.S.-I have tried the OLPC page on wireless cracking....I just can't
get enough IVs. Any decent manual or suggestions would do:)
--
Abhishek Indoria
OLPC Support Volunteer