[Sugar-devel] Sugar Platform clarifications (was: Re: [Debian-olpc-devel] Missing deps for sucrose-0.86.)

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sun Nov 29 12:50:59 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 05:37:44PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 03:02:15PM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> >Once 0install support gets merged, Sugar Platform should be enhanced to
> >include build tools (autocrap, c(++) compiler, ...); in that case,
> >activity authors can also rely on the corresponding -dev(el) packages
> >(i.e. libraries, header files, etc.) to be installed as well.
>
> I have not followed the discussions on 0install, but it surprises me
> that this should be mandatory - I always considered 0install as
> comparable to a distribution.

afaik there is no plans to "switch" to 0install, in my mind its an
edition[1] to existed scheme(but if we accept this feature we should
have 0install injector library in SP), so using 0install dependencies
we won't extend Sugar Platform too much

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Zero_Install_integration#Summary

--
Aleksey